Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alarm - Full MOT Possible?
04-04-2018, 03:41 PM,
Alarm - Full MOT Possible?
Hi all,

15 year old Premia 9 alarm.

I want to get a full intensive service done to it - and any fixes / improvements done.

I obtained a copy of the original service manual - which is blank.

What is the right language to be using when putting together an advert for this job.
Am I asking for a re-accreditation a recommission or a Full Mot or Audit? Whats the right language?

I would like the panel wiring fully inspected and thoroughly checked.
I would like all the measurements (that are put into the service manual) rechecked.
I would like each and every sensor - checked and tested and replaced as necessary.
I would like a full diagnostic to be done.

All in all - I want the alarm competently and professionally checked at every level - so it could last another 10 years.

Bear in mind - there will be no wring or installation work necessary, as the alarm is already installed and there is no specific problem to report other than the battery needs replacing - which is simple enough - as I have a replacement ready.

I am asking for your help - in correctly composing the advert for this job - so that I am covering all the aspects you would cover - if you wanted this done at one of your close relatives homes.

Usually - it's only through the forums - that nothing gets left, forgotten. I am hoping this is done once and done right.

Me and my family are extremely grateful to anyone willing to contribute here,

Sincere thanks,

TimbreSaw
04-04-2018, 05:30 PM,
RE: Alarm - Full MOT Possible?
It's called a service and should be done once every year. Just google for intruder or burglar alarm service in your area, better yet ask someone you know to recommend someone
05-04-2018, 12:31 PM,
I'm grateful for your replies,

I've paid to have my valliant boiler serviced every year - by finding engineers through an engineers forum.

Turned out most had the generic skills needed for boiler servicing - but most did not know the graphite filters in my *particular model* needed vacuuming out at each service.

So whilst I have used a trusted index to find these engineers - and done things the right way (rgs) - my boiler has failed due to their incompetence (confirmed by manufacturer) - and now the expense of sorting it is astronomical.

Simply - I've been made a fool of.

I think at some point in life - all of us have had this done to them. But once done - we don't want to experience it again.

This is the reason I am reaching out for expert guidance on this particular model. Are there any quirks / model peculiarities that I should know about - before I seek an engineer - specifically up to the task - on this particular model..

The alarm is old - but works fine - I just want to have a comprehensive MOT done - and done Right - first time.

I would appreciate member comments and inputs on my thinking and approach - also guidance on how to achieve this goal.

Second question: Can a auto dialer be added to this alarm?

My Sincere thanks to any willing to contribute,

TimbreSaw
05-04-2018, 12:57 PM,
Boilers are expensive and so are heating engineers. Alarm control panels are not so expensive. Yours must be pushing 30 years old so if you want another ten years out of it you might consider replacing it. Even then a new battery won't last ten years, they're just made that way now. Any competent alarm engineer can do a service.
You can add any speech dialler by just connecting to bell outputs. The cheapest I've found is made by GJD
11-04-2018, 09:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-04-2018, 09:07 AM by TimbreSaw.)
Last serviced five years ago.

5 PIR's
2 Shock Sensors
2 Panic Buttons
One door contact
Bell & Strobe.

What would be a reasonable price for the service/recommission?
11-04-2018, 01:51 PM,
I would charge £40 per year but I'm in the north, it will be a lot more in London. You'll also have to pay for any repairs/replacements. Your battery will almost certainly need replacing and very likely the bell box.The engineer will advise on the panel. If you want another ten years I'd replace it. As I said earlier Just google for intruder or burglar alarm service in your area, better yet ask someone you know to recommend someone. Look in our directory; http://ukpanels.com/forum1/index.php
Ron.
12-04-2018, 02:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-04-2018, 02:39 PM by TimbreSaw.)
Update:

2 window shock sensors

1 front door contact

6 PIR's

2 Panic Buttons

Bellbox on front.

What would be a sensible replacement for this panel and system.

We don't want one that calls out or uses apps.

We have a strong and active community of retired people that are our friends in the surrounding houses (plus a dog).
If the alarm goes off - we will get a call from them.

No need for apps - I do not want something that can be eventually hacked. Simple solid alarm that will go off if there is an attempted break in.

What would you recommend please?

We might move within the next 18 months. Just need the alarm to work - and meet home insurance specs.
12-04-2018, 08:38 PM,
I'd install a Texecom Veritas R8. Well built, astonishingly easy to use, very reliable and attractive design
12-04-2018, 08:41 PM,
For the bell box, a Texecom Odyssey 3E
12-04-2018, 08:43 PM,
I'd post pics but I don't know how to on the new site

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ruislip Alarm Engineer Colcap 3 483 21-03-2018, 12:32 AM
Last Post: admin
  TS360 Alarm Manual juliav 1 247 15-01-2013, 09:45 PM
Last Post: FastCar
  What is this Delta alarm? Richmond 11 1,062 09-11-2012, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Richmond
  problem resetting scantronic 9448 after alarm is triggered phar 8 920 16-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Rem Alarms
  700L All lights on panel are full lit Daxing 44 1,660 24-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Daxing
  No Alarm Code Graf2502 3 402 21-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Last Post: engels7570
  Tunstall TS500 Alarm Panel Guest 2 488 02-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Rem Alarms